Thursday 14 September 2017

On the flip side

I am now left with 2 Maori learners in my maths class and one has exceeded achievement expectations: Read my post titled, "Nothing can burst my bubble" where the learner had a history of poor achievement and now 8 weeks later, has University Entrance numeracy.

On the flip side, I have a learner whose historical data was more impressive:
Maths - stanine 5 (year 9), stanine 7 (year 10)
Reading - stanine 6 (year 9), stanine 5 (year 10).

Both learners followed similar programmes and were exposed to similar teaching and learning strategies, resources and feedback. The only difference was whanau engagement as all attempts to connect with whanau regarding support have FAILED: no response to messages left or to texts sent and failure to attend student achievement conferences. An important piece of the puzzle is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment